Saturday, February 5, 2011

Books 5 and 6 of 2011

So as you can tell, reading has been something that I've been trying to do more of at this point in the year than I did last year. While my migraines are still taking place every day, I try to read at least a couple of chapters of whatever book I am reading at the time. I recently finished two books by the amazing author Mary Higgins Clark. If you haven't heard of her, she writes suspense novels - novels which I have a hard time putting down once I start to read them. "Nighttime Is My Time" is a book that takes place during the weekend of a 20th class reunion, in which five classmates who sat together at lunch during high school had all died within those 20 years. I felt like I was kind of playing the game of clue with this one - trying to figure out who did what throughout the book. It was beautifully written and her intensity to be able to capture the reader and bring them into the story is genius.

"Just Take My Heart" takes place mostly in a courtroom as a man is tried for the murder of his wife. But he is not the only person being accused of murder. While the prosecutor of the case is the protagonist of the story, she becomes such a likable person that you feel like she could be one of your friends. While she struggles with a couple of intense feelings throughout the novel, you can tell that her instincts are what she follows most. When she finds out the secret identity of a neighbor, her life completely changes.

Both of these books are excellent reads - both get an A+ from me. I am going to try and read all of Mary Higgins Clark's books (which is at least 20-30 I believe) before delving into her daughter's books. That's right - her daughter Carol Higgins Clark is a suspense novelist as well. I can't wait to see what continues to unfold in the books that follow. Books like this make me remember why reading is one of the greatest hobbies of all time.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment