Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ha ha

So much for trying to write every day - it's been a week. Near the end of last week (I think), I finished yet another book: "Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously" by Julie Powell. Now most of you might think that this is like watching the movie Julie & Julia, but you would be wrong. While parts of this book and information from Julia Child's writings were used to create that movie, this book goes far deeper than that. With more in depth stories, and a slightly humorous undertone, Julie Powell is a tremendous writer. She is completely open, swearing and yelling almost as if you think she is in the room with you - this book made me want to read her blog, even though it has been years since it was created. Reading both this book and her blog (or at least where I am on that thus far) has made me want to learn to cook and maybe even try out some recipes from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". Either way, if you enjoy food (in any capacity), humor, real-life stories, and a book that you won't want to put down, then this is the book for you - A+.

I am actually picking up a book from the Library today and received another one in the mail, so stay tuned for some more great books...

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment