Saturday, January 22, 2011

Book 4 of 2011

I've been horrible at writing on my blog thus far this year - I tend to forget that it is something that I am striving to do more of. I just finished reading "No Wonder They Call Him the Savior" by Max Lucado. This book focuses more on the great things that Christ did near the time of his crucifixion on the cross. It was great to see that someone was willing to forgive a man who had probably spent his entire life defying rules and engaging in thievery. People seemed to only understand who Christ was when he was nearing his death. It was a great book - another A+ from me.

As for what else is going on, my migraines are continuing to be a problem - they are continuing to be consistent, but I am trying to be optimistic about my next appointment with my neurologist coming up. As for other news, it's been extremely cold here in my neck of the woods for about the last week - right now, it's 3 degrees F out with a wind chill of -12 degrees F. Pretty darn cold. I've been doing alright with my goal for living healthier. Not doing as much exercise as I should be, as I have been slacking off for the last three days, but Monday starts another week of exercise so I've got another chance to get back in it. Food tracking has been going well - in fact, if anyone is looking for a healthy living website, or a community filled with people trying to lose weight, check out sparkpeople.com. This website is phenomenal. It doesn't cost a thing to sign up and there are tons of message boards and profiles of people who are trying to live healthier and lose weight - they offer inspiration and motivation and the whole community of people just tries to encourage and help other stay on track - this is especially helpful for someone like me who doesn't have anyone here working on this with me. Make sure you check it out.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment