Monday, January 16, 2012

Week one over

So after finishing my first week on Weight Watchers yesterday, I weighed myself. I actually managed to lose 2.4 lbs! I was incredibly happy, even though that probably doesn't seem like a whole lot. I had come to the conclusion the night before "weighing in" that if I didn't lose anything the first week, that would be okay because I had learned a lot about making healthier decisions and was becoming more aware of what I was eating and putting into my body. So to see the weigh loss was even more awesome at that point. Now is the start of week two and we'll have to see how it goes, but each week that I can either learn something more about the program or lose weight, I'm going to be happy.

I didn't do a whole lot of exercising last week. I have been taking a walk around the building at work to get my exercise during my lunch hour. But after it snowed and got closer, I didn't really want to go walk around in that. So, I didn't. Thus, I haven't been getting any sort of conventional exercise for the last week. I did take down the ornaments on the Christmas tree and scrape off the car several times, but I'm not sure how much exercise that really accounts for. I am hoping that once tax time comes, which should be shortly, to get a Kinect for Xbox, which I think will definitely get me moving.

I had a four day weekend this past week and today is my last day off before I go back to work for the week. But on Friday, my boyfriend and I went to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I have not yet finished the book, so I was a little apprehensive about seeing the movie before that was done. But I'm glad I did. It was phenomenal. Plus, there are slight differences between the movie and the book, which there usually are for cinematic value, which has made reading the remainder of the book great. I didn't know what to expect when I saw the movie, but I do know that there is an incredible amount of sex in it - and we are talking about probably the most nudity that has been shown in theaters for a rated R movie, which just shows how far our society has come in what is acceptable to see in public. This movie was engaging and easy to follow for the most part, with a beautiful score. Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander is captivating and has an incredible magnetism about her, while Daniel Craig makes for a wonderful Mikael Blomkvist. The sequence that plays out during the opening credits is amazing dark and artistic and the storyline, while eliminating some details from the book, is gorgeously written. I have not seen the Swedish version of the movie, which I may wait to watch until after I finish the book, but this one was definitely worth seeing.

Speaking of finishing the book, I'm hoping that I can finish it today possibly or at least by the end of the week. It is so hard to put it down once I have started reading. I can't wait to read the next book.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment