Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 1

I've signed up for Weight Watchers. As you can tell by the title of this post, today is day 1. Nothing else has really worked for me, so I figured that I would give this a try and the fact that I spent money to try this out for three months (I got the sign up fee waived because I committed to 3 months) is something that I think will motivate me even more. I'm really excited about the program that Weight Watchers offers, which is called PointsPlus. It gives you a certain amount of points that you are able to "spend" each day on food, which each has a point value. The points that you get to spend are dependent on your starting weight and your goal weight. Plus, it gives you 49 points that you are able to use weekly...for instance if you use all your points in a day, but want to eat a piece of chocolate, you can use part of those 49 points for that. Or, if you are going to a party or a wedding, you can use the points for that as well. What I like the best is that there are no limits to what you can and can't eat, which has always seemed to be a problem for me. Exercise is also key, as you earn activity points which you can later turn into food points if you would like. Either way, this program seems incredibly promising. I won't note as to what weight I am starting at (kind of embarrassing at this time), but I will be tracking how I am doing, as I think that might be a key to staying motivated. Another thing that has been keeping me motivated: I've been walking a lap around my work building on my lunch break, so I know that I am getting some sort of exercise in every day, even if it isn't much. I'm going to have eventually start adding more time and intensity to it, but I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to do this on a consistent basis.

As for reading, I am currently reading the first of Steig Larsson's books "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I also recently received my weekly Time issue and my monthly Good Housekeeping issue, which ironically enough has Weight Watchers spokesperson Jennifer Hudson on it's cover (she looks incredible, by the way). I have to say that I have been trying to get more reading in each day, so I'm hoping to be able to get through both the book and magazines by the end of the week.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment