Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quotes

Since I was a freshman in high school, I have had a fascination with quotes. I'm not sure what it is about quotes in general - the way they can make you feel, the way they can empower you or lift you up, and the way they can inspire you is probably what I like about them most. They can make you think about things you normally push aside and they can come from any source.

When I was in the 9th grade, my English teacher had a bunch of quotes that she was trying to get organized. I knew that she needed help with that, so I volunteered to help her with it. I would sit at her computer for a couple of hours after school and type quotes into categories and whatnot. Of course, I would read the quotes as I was typing them into the computer, and it just made me feel inspired and thoughtful. It really brought out a side of me that I didn't know existed: I was hooked and now had a passion for all things "quotes."

I do have some favorite quotes that I thought I would share with you:

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
- Martha Washington

"Learn something new. Try something different. Convince yourself that you have no limits."

"Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal." - Mike Ditka

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder." - Henry David Thoreau

"In the end, what we regret the most are the chances we never took."

"A kiss is a nice trick devised by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

And probably my all time favorite one (at least for now) is:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."


If you've got any quotes that you enjoy, go ahead and share them. We can always use a little inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment