Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goals left unattended

So as I have stated before in a previous post, my goal this year is to read 75 books. Back in February, I had not yet started. It is now June, and I have yet to start. How incredibly embarrassing - I write a blog about books and I love to read and I have not yet started a book yet this year. Believe it or not, I am still catching up on past issues of Time and Smithsonian and Sporting News from the end of March up until now. Not only that, but I seem to be spending a lot more time on my computer instead of reading. It's mostly because I am watching sports, usually Twins games, and I am sitting on my computer during games instead of watching them in bed and reading at the same time. On days off for sports, that's when I try to catch up with reading. I guess I need to do a little bit better in that realm.

I was reading an article from my friend Steven, who has an incredible blog called Hundred Goals (you can find the link in my blogroll). It was about how it takes a lot of work and dedication to be able to achieve our goals in life, and it made me realize how much I have been slacking on my goals. I am still trying to figure out what my goals are in life, and I am sure that they will change as I grow older. Right now, I'm just trying to get better from the migraines and dizziness that don't seem to go away, I am just trying to find a way to help my boyfriend out when it comes to bills. But without a job, that can be kind of difficult. I'm trying to think of ways to make some money and jobs that I could get that wouldn't exacerbate my health problems. The prospects are pretty thin right now, but I am trying to keep my chin up. I know that I am the only one who can find out what my goals are in life and I have to keep trying to figure that out as I continue to learn more about myself. What are some of your goals and how are you working to achieve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment