Thursday, February 11, 2010

Seriously slacking...

Horrible. That one word can be describe exactly how my book reading is going. I set a goal to read 75 book this year and I have not yet started. Some people might say I am slacking, which I would agree with. Others might say that I am still catching up on the last month's worth of Time magazines, which is also true. The fact of the matter is that I have not yet started my literary journey of 75 books this year. If I don't start soon, I get the feeling that my goal may be in serious jeopardy.

While I have been trying to catch up on reading, I seem to be experiencing extreme tiredness lately. This seems kind of awkward since I am not doing a whole lot that can wear me out. It could possibly be migraines (which I have been suffering from on a daily basis for the last four years) or it could be the intensely sharp pains that I have in my right ear. Either way, I used to be able to read even when I am tired. Now, I'm lucky to read for five minutes before falling asleep in my bed.

I am one of those people that loves to lay in bed and read. That is my sanctuary. That is my time to completely escape from the world and engross myself into a book. I've heard that there are other places people like to read: a back patio, a library, a big, comfy chair, or even in a pile of pillows and blankets in a corner. Out of sheer curiosity, where is your favorite place to read? Where is the weirdest place that you have ever read?

No comments:

Post a Comment