Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Books...

I was reading an article last night in an issue of Time Magazine about two new books that are soon to be coming out. The first was from Elizabeth Gilbert, who is coming out with another memoir called "Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage". Having not yet read "Eat, Pray, Love", the article kind of gave away a piece of the ending of that book by describing what this new book is about. I will not give away that piece of information for those of you that also have not read "Eat, Pray, Love".
The author of the article seemed to think that there was too much information being conveyed in this book that the reader will eventually tire of hearing about. Since I have not read any of her work before, I guess I'll have to decide that for myself.

The second book that was mentioned was by Julie Powell, who became known for her blog and her memoir "Julie and Julia". She has recently written another book called "Cleaving: A Story of Marriage, Meat, and Obsession". Not much was given about the synopsis of this book other than it involves her cheating on her husband Eric, and that her writing is almost completely opposite of Gilbert's. I have not read her blog or her first book, so I am sure I will be in a surprise when I compare their writings.

Has anyone read either of these authors before? If so, what do you think about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment