Wednesday, October 12, 2011

There's no way....

So there is no way that I am going to be able to reach my goal (again) of reading 75 books this year. Since I started working, I feel like I barely have any time to read and since I subscribed to three more magazines, bringing the number of magazines I read a month to 5 (if you only count titles, as Time comes out with a magazine weekly), I feel like I am constantly trying to catch up. I know it probably comes down to time and I am not making excuses - just knowing that I would virtually have to read 24 hrs a day to reach my goal is something that isn't very plausible, especially since I have been working overtime for the last couple of days. The good news is that I don't have any plans this weekend, and I would love to spend most of it reading.

I've been feeling incredibly busy and almost rushed. I know that I am making some decisions that are putting me in that position, but at the same time, this sleep apnea is starting to really take hold. 7 hours used to be enough sleep - even restful sleep. But for a while now, it doesn't matter how long I sleep - I never feel rested. I've tried the CPAP machine, and now there aren't too many other options left besides major surgery that would change the way I look or trying to lose weight. I know that I have to start somewhere and that means that I have got to find some way to get motivated to exercise. If nothing else, I need to start doing some resistance training to tone my muscles so that I can speed up my metabolism. I keep saying that I'm going to start, but I never do. I make excuses and haven't started yet. So come Monday, after all of the craziness of optional overtime is done, I'm done making excuses.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment