Saturday, April 17, 2010

What is that like?

Have you ever been talking to someone - maybe a friend or relative - who posed you a question or challenge that you didn't really know how to respond to? I was talking to a friend recently (a friend that I haven't know for very long, only about 8 months) and we were talking about how I have always tried to make other people happy, but have never really done anything for myself. I presented a list of things that make me happy, such as not having migraines, and being able to read for hours on end like I used to. He mentioned that those were really comfort than happiness. He was talking about actual joy. It really got me thinking...what brings me actual, true joy? I thought I knew everything about myself, but once that question was posed to me, I couldn't answer. I've been told that the only way to know what really makes me happy is to go find it -- find me. I'm not sure how to do that, especially with limited resources, and I'm not sure that I would be happy with what I find out about myself. So here's the question for you: Is actual joy actually attainable?

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment