Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gorgeous Day and a Twins Win

It's an amazing day outside. 78 degrees F, fairly breezy, and (this is my favorite part) a 50% chance of rain! The sun was shining earlier today, which was fine, but I have to admit, there is something incredible about dark clouds that just tell the people below "I'm going to dump some rain on you today." I love it.

Not only is it a gorgeous day outside, but the Minnesota Twins played a great game today against the Boston Red Sox. Liriano (our starting pitcher) threw 7 shutout innings and the Twins ended up winning 8-0. Couldn't have been a better game. Oh yeah -- Michael Cuddyer (our right fielder) hit a 2 run home run as well.

Now, I finally finished a book. Woo hoo! Of course, it's the book that I have talked about before, but I can finally give you my final opinion and grade on the book. The book I'm speaking of is "Migraines for Dummies" by Diane Stafford and Jennifer Shoquist,MD. From start to finish this book offers so many options and so much information that it can seem overwhelming at first. But knowing that there are so many options available for migraine sufferers makes it easier to get through the day because you know that if one method of treatment won't work, you can try something different. This book helps migraine sufferers find out what might be triggering their migraines and helps them figure out how to change their lifestyle in order to deal with migraines. It includes information about how to handle migraines when it comes to a job, and offers information about different types of headaches, different medications, and ways that those who are not suffering from migraines can help those who are. There was a chapter that I particularly liked called Ten Tips For Dealing With Folks Who Don't Get Migraines. I have had a habit of experiencing a plethora of moods when I have a migraine and the emotion I probably feel the most is anger. I also tend to take that anger out on the people around me and this chapter really helped me to understand how I can deal with people who don't know what I'm going through. Overall, this book was incredibly informative and well written. Since this is the first book in the "For Dummies" collection that I have read, I think I will definitely have to check out other ones as well. This book gets an A+ from this avid reader and migraine sufferer.

On my last post, I posed a question for you to answer if you so chose. I also stated that I would answer the question in my next post as well. This being that next post here was last post's question and my answer: Question(s): How do the seasons impact your moods? Do you take any measures to ward off depression and would you ever consider moving to another climate?

Answer(s): I don't really feel that the seasons impact my moods all that much. I live in a place where we typically experience all four seasons, each with its own characteristics. Fall is definitely my favorite season and Spring comes in a close second. With Summer and Winter, it just depends on how drastic those months are. Some years, the Summer months can get terribly hot, which can make me a little crabby, but not so much that I can't enjoy the Summer nights when it cools down or the days when the humidity is not so bad. Some years, the Winter months get incredibly cold and other years, its fairly mild. I don't mind the snow and I would rather see more snow than have to deal with horribly cold temperatures. But I wouldn't say that my mood changes a whole lot as the seasons come and go. I don't really take any measures to ward off depression as the seasons don't really make me feel depressed. I know that some people get a depressed feeling on those cloudy days that last all week, but I really don't mind them. As for thinking about moving to another climate, I have never really thought about it. I live in a beautiful place and I don't know that I ever would want to live somewhere that didn't experience all four seasons. Especially because I can't imagine Christmas without snow.

Now, as for this week's question: Do you believe in luck? Do you think that some people are luckier than others? Do actions cause reactions or are there intervening forces beyond our control that govern our destinies? I look forward to seeing what you all have to say about that one.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment