Monday, March 15, 2010

Horrendously long time

I've been meaning to write. I really have. I even added something on my phone so that I would be able to blog from my bed when I was unable to get to my computer. Yet, I have not done so. I've let you down. The good news is...I'm here now.

The migraines are still pretty prevalent, but even more so is the vertigo. The pain in my ear and right side of my jaw is so unbearable that I let the tears flow freely these days. But I've begun to go walking, if for nothing else than some fresh air to try and make the pain go away.

I have been able to do a little bit more reading though, which is fantastic for me. I just finished a book the other day by Max Lucado, a Christian author, called "A Gentle Thunder". His writing style is second to none and he seems to have one of two phrases throughout each of his books that seems to punch you in the stomach to get your attention. I've been less faithful in the last three years than I would have liked and have struggled to remember my faith. While reading this book, I came across the following sentence in which the Gardener is God: "The person so healthy, suddenly sick - was it to remind him to rely on the Gardener?" - This quote in the book cut me like a knife. It grabbed my attention and did not let go. All I could think was -- are the migraines and vertigo and all the pain I have been going through God's way of getting my attention? I don't know the answer to that question, but it sure has made me realize how much I miss my faith.

I am also trying to get through the book "Migraines for Dummies". I have never read any of the books in the Dummies series, but it seems so straightforward and informative that I may have to read some other books in the series on subjects I'm interested in. There is so much information in the book that I'm actually a little overwhelmed. But hopefully that feeling will go away the more I learn about the condition that I am in.

The one thing that I really need to do as far as reading is get back to reading my magazines. I am issues behind on Time, Smithsonian, and Sporting News. The pile just keeps getting bigger because I have wanted to read other things ahead of those -- especially the migraines books I borrowed from the hospital. But I so desperately need some motivation in order to get back to reading those magazines.

As always, I'm so sorry I've not been keeping up with the blog -- sometimes the pain is just too much to contend with. Don't get me wrong; I have not forgotten about the blog, nor have I wanted to be away --- I'll catch you on the flip side very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment