Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 5 over

So obviously I didn't follow up last week about how my life is going. It's been going... pretty much the same stuff, different day type of thing right now. Last week I didn't lose any weight on WW, but I also didn't gain anything, which I was pretty surprised to see. This week, however, it is another story. I barely counted points this week, and the days that I did, I went over by an average of 10 pts or so. I kinda thought that I may gain something, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I ended up gaining 2 lbs. I know that it doesn't sound like a lot, but since I had only lost a total of 2.4 lbs up to this point and then gained 2 back, it doesn't really say a whole lot about what I have been able to do. Luckily, today is the start of a new week, and I ended up finding some foods that I am hoping will help me stay on track better. Plus, I just need to start saying the word no when it comes to getting food at work, which is my biggest problem. I also bought a Kinect over the weekend with some dancing games, which apparently after one song can completely wear me out, and I am hoping to get Zumba for it as well. Hopefully that will get me up and moving around.

As for the more interesting parts of my life, I finished "The Girl Who Played With Fire" by Steig Larrson last week. This book is the second in the Millennium Trilogy and I can't tell you how badly I want to read the third one now that I have finished this one. Unlike the first book (which at least gave some sort of a closed ending), this book ends in a total cliffhanger. Just like the first one, it was a book that I could not put down and I got more engrossed in the book the further I got into it. I can't say enough what a phenomenal writer Steig Larrson was - I so wish there were more than just these three books to showcase his talent. So as excited as I am to get to the third book, there is a slight problem: I have promised myself that I will not get the third book until I get to my first weight loss goal, which is 10% of my starting body weight, which is about 17 lbs. Exactly my dilemma. I figure that as much as I want to read the third book, it has to give me some motivation to lose the weight. We will just have to see what happens.

I also saw the movie "Safe House" last night. This movie stars Denzel Washington as a former CIA agent that is now being targeted to be captured by the CIA and Ryan Reynolds as the housekeeper of a safe house is Cape Town, South Africa. It was a great movie in which Denzel does an amazing job as always and Ryan makes a more dramatic appearance compared to the comedy films that he usually does. It was engaging, thrilling, and full of lots of action. I was kind of apprehensive at the beginning of the movie because it took a little bit to figure out the storyline, which can sometimes be frustrating. But in this case, it fit with the movie perfectly fine. Plus, it sounds like there could be some interesting movies coming out soon: a new war movie that seems like it could be more of a documentary called "Act of Valor" and a comedy based on a tv show from the 80's called "21 Jump Street." Hopefully, I'll be catching those soon.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment